Careers at STAR Academy
Teaching is a challenging and rewarding career. In today’s social and world climate, it seems more important than ever to help our children build strong minds and character. By becoming a teacher in our school, you can be a part of that change.
STAR educators are passionate and creative. They inspire a love of learning and are highly trained. Through a rigorous hiring process, we evaluate educators across six categories and expect every teacher in our schools to be/become certified in first aid, CPR, and AED. We are fortunate to hire some of the best educators from across the mid-south!
- listen to and appreciate each student as an individual;
- use academic standards to provide a rigorous, well-rounded education;
- foster social-emotional skills;
- create hands-on learning experiences;
- partner with parents to best support their children; and
- use technology to enhance student learning.
Empowered to Succeed
Finding exceptional educators to work with our students is just the first step. We are also dedicated to empowering them to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Our educators receive
- technology and a support team that lets them spend more time with students and less time on clerical tasks;
- 1:1 partnerships with members of our leadership team to develop instructional and management strategies that enhance school culture;
- a generous annual stipend for professional development;
- the flexibility to create meaningful experiences for their students;
- a community with a rich variety of experiences to draw from and share best practices; and other benefits.
We offer all our employees a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Savings plan
- Paid time off
We provide specific benefits information during the hiring process and encourage all current employees to contact our carriers directly with questions or concerns regarding their benefits.